Through our work on farm access, tenure and transfer, we work creatively with communities to have a positive impact on local economies, landscapes, and neighbors.
We work with towns and multi-town regions to:
- Identify a community’s farms and priority farmland
- Inventory available land for farming
- Work with farmland owners to make land available for farming
- Address local planning and regulation to support farming
- Facilitate farming on town and land trust land
- Help towns support farm transfer and land leasing
- Educate their farming community and citizens about farmland issues
Towns or regions also may contract with us for a project. In these area projects, we work in collaboration with partners to help communities address a broad range of farming issues such as agricultural economic development, local food security, planning and zoning, farmland protection, and agricultural awareness and education. Read about some of our community projects.