Farmers, if you’ve been negatively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic CFAP-2 can help compensate you for losses experienced between April 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020. Check out National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition’s CFAP 101 for Producers, a short and useful guide that explains who is eligible, how payments are calculated, shares producer case studies and more. Service providers, get the help you need to support your farmers during next week’s free webinar. Find more information below.
Indigenous People’s Day is this Monday. Join A Growing Culture for their free day long event, an invitation to unlearn the injustice of colonialism and come together to support Indigenous voices. Find ways to be allies in the work to re-energize traditional food knowledge and native health practices with an article below co-authored by Janie Hipp, an elder, attorney, professor and leader in the Native American and food systems space, as well as a speaker at Land For Good’s 2017 national Changing Lands Changing Hands conference on farmland access and tenure.
Save the date and register for the 6th Annual Farmland Access and Transfer Conference, held virtually and co-hosted by Maine Farmland Trust and Land For Good.
Our organizations are working to acknowledge the history of land injustice and theft that has shaped access to land throughout the history of our country.”
This year’s conference will highlight diverse voices and perspectives on farmland access through a land justice plenary and workshops where speakers will share individual stories and experiences. Details below.
Our week in review is a digest of noteworthy items that we are seeing, sharing, and saying on social media. We’re sharing it here to our farmers, supporters, and fellow farming advocates who may not follow us on all social platforms. If you do follow us on one social platform you might not be seeing all that we share, so this blog digest is a good place to get access to highlights from across platforms.
Helping Farmer’s Navigate CFAP-2
- Pass along: National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition’s CFAP 101 for Producers
- Register for: Coronavirus Aid, Helping Farmers Navigate CFAP-2, 10/13 from 3-4:30pm ET, hosted by National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition, Farm Aid, and Farmers’ Legal Action Group
Engaging with Indigenous People’s Day
- Attend: Indigenize! A free day long event starting at 12pm ET on 10/12 hosted by A Growing Culture
- Read: Traditional Food Knowledge Among Native Americans: Building Trust, Healing Trauma, and Restoring Health by Valerie Segrest and Janie Simms Hipp
- Explore: A People’s Orientation to a Regenerative Economy by the Indigenous Environmental Network
Going Virtual, Farmland Access and Transfer Conference
- Registration open for: 6th Annual Farmland Access and Transfer Conference, held virtually 11/16-11/18, hosted by Maine Farmland Trust and Land For Good