Making land available
- Leasing Land to Farmers: A Handbook for New England Land Trusts, Municipalities and Institutions handbook
- Build-A-Lease Tool, learn about and craft a working farm lease to share with other – including landowners, tenants and advisors
- Preserving Affordable Working Farms by Equity Trust for the Land Access Project
- Tools & Resources for Supporting BIPOC Farmers in Your Community.
Webinar for municipalities, land trusts, and non-profits working to become a stronger ally for Black, Indigenous, and People of Color and advance equity-based land access partnerships and projects. Maine Farmland Trust, American Farmland Trust, Northeast Farmers of Color Land Trust, Southeast Land Trust NH, Vermont Housing & Conservation Board.
Research and policy
- Farmland Investment Models: Innovative Land Access in New England
- Farmland Access and Tenure Innovations: Policy and Program Suggestions to Promote Land Access for New England’s Beginning Farmers
- Farmland Access and Transfer in New England findings from the Land Access Project. Presentation slides
- Farm LASTS Research Report and Recommendations report
Farm Link Programs
- New England Farm Link Program Guide explains our region’s farm link programs that help connect farm seekers and farmland owners interested in putting or keeping land in active farming
- New England Farm Link Collaborative builds awareness, readiness and connections among farm seekers, farmers and landowners of all types in all New England states
- NewEnglandFarmlandFinder.org free posting site for properties for sale or lease to help farm seekers and farm property holders find each other
- How to Create Effective Online Property Postings for Farm Link Websites guide walks you through the typical components of a farm property posting and describes key information most relevant for farmers
- Farms for the Future.
Workshop recordings and resources for municipalities, land trusts, and non-profits to support farms and farmers in northern New England. American Farmland Trust.
- Land Resource Page by New England Small Farm Institute
- Equity Trust website
- “Holding Ground: A Guide to Northeast Farmland Tenure and Stewardship” publication for purchase at New England Small Farm Institute
- A New Lease on Farmland: Assuring a Future for Farming in the Northeast article by Schumacher Center for New Economics
Back to Toolbox