How We Help
Are you looking for secure access to farmland or better land agreements? You probably know these are top challenges for both new and established farmers. Finding, getting onto, and holding land for farming is much harder than in past generations. And farmers of color and from other marginalized groups face even greater hurdles.
We help farmers of all types and backgrounds across New England at every stage of the farm-seeking process.
We can help you:
- Clarify your goals and financial parameters
- Learn about different tenure methods
- Conduct a land search
- Assess farm properties
- Develop sound leases and other agreements
- Effectively communicate with sellers, landlords, attorneys and others on your land access path
Our team may recommend:
- One of our many workshops and online events
- Online tutorials, templates and worksheets
- Our extensive online library of educational and resource materials
- Referrals to technical specialists and partners
- Individualized advising and support from an LFG Field Agent if your land/search is in New England
Get in touch through our Farm Seeker Form. A member of our team will share recommended resources, next steps and/or referrals. They will connect you with an LFG Field Agent for a consultation if appropriate.
Resources to get you started
- Find resources for Seeking Farmland
- Enroll in Acquiring Your Farm online course
- Complete the Where do I Start? Acquiring Land to Farm workbook
- Search for farm properties in the New England Farmland Finder
Hear from our farmers
Beginning farmers Cara and Michael of Free Living Farm (MA) found land through New England Farmland Finder with support from a Land For Good field agent. Read their farmer story.
“Land For Good was super knowledgeable, and I felt had our best interest in mind. They helped us clarify our farmland needs and were an additional set of ears and eyes looking out for opportunities.”Cara Germain, Free Living Farm, Petersham, MA